Managed services are a prevalent option among businesses in every industry. They deliver several indispensable benefits such as reduced costs, higher efficiency, improved security, and better tracking of the print environment. For professionals in the healthcare industry – such as dental practices – they can also prove valuable for achieving the strict security and compliance regulations to which these professionals are bound.
Managed services are a smart move for any company, large or small. Read on to learn about the technology needs of dental practices, how managed print, document and IT services improve patient care, and why dentists in Ohio trust Blue Technologies with all their office needs.
The Tech and Printing Needs of Dental Practices
According to the Ohio Dental Association, there are over 5,000 registered dentists statewide, and most practitioners own their private practice. Such offices may involve just a handful of individuals. Even the dentist himself or herself may do administrative work to keep the practice running.
A dental practice may be a small operation, but it still has the same office technology needs as any other company – and frequently a few extras. Some of the most common needs and challenges of a dental office include:
● Compliance requirements: Dentists aren’t always immediately associated with healthcare, but they handle protected health information. They need technology solutions that are compliant with HIPAA and Ohio’s additional healthcare regulations.
● Security: Cybersecurity isn’t just for tech companies, and it’s not only those on the Fortune 500 list that get hacked. In 2019, around 400 dental offices fell victim to a massive ransomware attack that locked up files, stole information, and wrought havoc on practices.
● Efficiency: Doing everything alone is difficult, particularly when running a business. Managed services take over technical aspects of an office environment to help professionals work more efficiently.
How Managed Services Help Dentists Deliver Better Care
A managed services provider can be precisely the support such professionals need to reduce stress and stay focused on patients. There are many different types of managed services out there from which dental practices can benefit. An office might consider:
Managed Print Services
Managed print services outsource part or all of the printing environment. They can also be a way for small practices to access more professional technology that their budget might not be able to handle. With an MPS, a dentist gets the printer the office needs plus any support to go with it.
Many healthcare organizations on a broad level also choose managed print services to help with things like printer security and achieving compliance. It’s frequently not apparent to offices that most modern printers are effectively computers connected to the internet. They can be (and are) hacked. A managed print service prevents that while keeping the printing flowing.
Managed IT Services
Managed IT services involve a company’s IT infrastructure, but also frequently, its cybersecurity. From figuring out the best phones to developing a network security strategy that works, many startups struggle with IT. Dental offices, in particular, may experience more trouble because they need security beyond that of an average company.
Document Management Services
Keeping records safe is essential – and no, filing cabinets are not safe. Document management involves the creation, use, transmission, storage, and backup of all the documents a company needs to operate. Finding a secure, accessible, and efficient solution can be tough. With the help of a managed services provider, it’s not.
Why Dentists in Ohio Trust Blue Technologies
There are many excellent and reputable managed service providers out there, but not all services are created equal. Dentists in Ohio work with Blue Technologies to develop efficient, productive environments. Professionals who work with Blue Technologies enjoy:
● Scalable solutions: Businesses grow, and dental practices are no exception. Blue Technologies ensures that office solutions can meet any needs, no matter how they may change.
● Trained professionals: Blue Technologies is thrilled to be an expert provider for companies in the healthcare industry.
● Reliable support: Office technology isn’t a set-it-and-forget-it asset. It needs to be maintained to deliver maximum value. The certified technicians at Blue Technologies are ready to help at a moment’s notice.
Don’t Let the Office Tech Bite the Dust: Contact Blue Technologies
Dental practices frequently leverage managed services to worry less about administrative work and stay focused on their patients. With a reliable provider at their back, these professionals have the tools they need to develop a sustainable practice.
Going into business is thrilling but also a lot of work. Choosing the right technology can be time-consuming and confusing – but getting it wrong can prove disastrous. Dentists don’t take risks with patients, so they shouldn’t take risks with patient records. Work with a managed services provider and ensure that a practice delivers the best care possible.
Blue Technologies has 25 years of experience working with startups and their professionals. Got a dental practice? Start a conversation now about its office technology needs.