When it comes to getting all the details exactly right, nobody knows how important that can be more than architects and engineers. These professionals are charged with the creation of structures, devices, and products for which there exists zero room for error. Likewise, if achieving perfection is already difficult, the nature of a construction job site makes it even more so. That’s why Bluebeam software is such a valuable tool for professionals in these fields.
Bluebeam software is a specialized set of productivity solutions designed for professionals who build the facilities used by people every day. Read on to discover how this software suite enhances project management, communication, and project precision in construction.
What Is Bluebeam Software?
Bluebeam software is redefining the way engineers, architects, and construction professionals manage their projects and job sites. It’s developed for any professional in construction: architects, engineers, contractors, estimators, and managers. Considered by industry experts as the standard for design and construction workflows, Bluebeam software consists of two parts:
Revu empowers construction professionals with the ability to create, edit, markup, and collaborate on designs and workflows in one seamless environment. By keeping the project in one area for the duration of its entire lifecycle, Revu helps streamline project management and keep communication organized. Likewise, Revu lets professionals take control over their complete project management through tools using industry-standard terminology to keep everyone on the same page.
Built along Revu, Bluebeam Studio is document management designed to keep all of the project files organized and in one accessible location. Leveraging cloud solutions, project teams can access and manage projects anywhere – whether on-site or in the office. It cuts down on the number of file editions and streamlines communications by updating each file as it’s marked up and modified.
Advantages of Revu on Job Sites
With the average construction site consisting of dozens of professionals, maintaining organized and clear communication is critical for keeping a project on track. Bluebeam is a specialized piece of software which proves invaluable in the pursuit of this goal. It delivers several advantages on a job site, including:
1. Better Document Management and Sharing
Revu improves the ability of project teams to keep track of their documents, including the modifications and collaborations which occur with them. By placing all of the documents in one secure location, Revu enables:
- Improved design review processes that are faster and more efficient, so partners can collaborate and modify documents at the same time, even if they’re not in the same physical location.
- Linked project files which ensure that only one copy of a document ever exists; so team members don’t need to waste time looking through folders – or worse, email attachments.
- Efficient project handover procedures to help the new manager come on board with all of the information he or she needs to lead the team successfully.
2. Improved Communications with Team Members
Staying on the same page eliminates confusion and unnecessary delays. For construction sites and associated organizations, it may also mean avoiding costly errors or accidents. Revu facilitates improved communication across the board through:
- The use of industry-standard terms to eliminate confusion or miscommunications.
- An improved submittal review process which fully integrates with Bluebeam Studio to help project managers maintain control of their document processes.
- Enhanced document collaboration regardless of the stage or location of the project, or its team members, which means more chances to check and double-check specs.
3. Project Management Digital Efficiency
Manual processes are slow and prone to error. Revu eliminates the need for them on construction sites by providing precisely the tools which specialists and managers require to keep a project moving forward. This includes:
- Digital takeoffs which make estimating a project scope – and submitting an accurate bid – a breeze.
- Detailed, legible punch lists to improve the team’s completion rate on the first back check.
- Organized RFIs which leverage smart markups such as snapshots, stamps, automatic form creation, hyperlinks, and more.
- Improved QA/QC functionalities for faster, more accurate quality reviews.
Get Specialized Process Optimization Solutions with Blue Technologies
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all approach to office productivity solutions or document management strategies. Construction sites, architectural firms, and engineering teams all illustrate that fact. They need specialized, specific tools geared utterly towards their profession. Fortunately, Bluebeam software provides what they need in a convenient and accessible manner.
Blue Technologies works with numerous types of businesses to deliver bespoke productivity solutions specifically oriented towards their industry. Start a conversation with us today to learn what we can do for you.